Benji and Sombra need a home.......Winnie is fighting for her life.

NewsLady

BENJI
If you are looking for a house-trained, female, couch potato, I'm here waiting for you.  I need a fenced yard where I can roam and explore.  I do not hear very well and my front leg was injured when I tangled with a cow, but I get around just fine and will chase lasers until I drop.  I really love all people and I'm like a big teddy bear. I am about 5 years old, 45 pounds, and I have been fixed.  I've been in my current foster home now for a year and a half.  I don’t think many people are aware that I’m looking for my forever home, so I have asked ARF to help me.  My current foster family is great, but they would like to find me my permanent spot so they can take in additional pups who need a temporary home.

56d31145c34b1_1.jpg.6b9320210c13a1ab83b2

SOMBRA-is back on the market.  Sombra was taken in and nursed back to health by a couple that has recently moved to a new house and have been limited to the number of dogs they can have.  They love Sombra very much, but would like to continue fostering animals and as Sombra is highly adoptable, they would like to make room for new fosters and find him his forever home.  As with many of the dogs here, Sombra was found tied up and starving. 

56d3115e18820_2.jpg.c1ddac6f9a8c65cd19ed

WINNIE-There have been many tears shed over this girl.  Winnie is a new foster that came in 4 days ago.  I am reluctant to post any pictures, aside from the head shot below, as they are very graphic.  This is probably the worst starvation case I have ever seen and this dog was owned - believe it or not - by someone who works in the medical profession.  The past few days she has been making some progress and we are hoping for the best.  The vet estimates it has been 3 or 4 months since she had a proper meal.....we really don't know how she is still alive.   Her blood tests are all good, except for her liver, but the vet has a positive outlook that with medication, proper diet and supplements, her liver will regenerate.  Please cross your fingers for this sweet girl.  If she survives, she will be re-named "Winner".
56d311749ccf1_3.jpg.c3f0ffa189e89905fe55

If you would like to donate, and help us help the animals of Boquete and surrounding areas, please go to our website:  http://www.arf-boquete.com/donate.html

--
Lisa Mosley
www.arf-boquete.com