• Moderators

Rich and Jo Greene are former long-term Boquete residents. Jo and Rich first resided in the El Santuario area and were very involved in community service organizations. Rich became ill, and so they relocated to a more accommodating residence in the Volcancito area. Because of declining health, Jo and Rich moved to Florida a couple of years ago. Jo informed us and gave permission to post that Rich made a peaceful passing during the early morning hours of July 3rd, 2020.

RIP. Richard Greene, January 28, 1933 - July 3, 2020.

If you would like to communicate with Jo, please send us an email and we will forward it to her.

• Moderators

Further information from Jo Greene:

Several friends have asked if I would like flowers or where to send a memorial gift for Rich.

Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease with no currently known way to stop it.  It is extremely hard on all concerned and connected with it in any way.  If you desire to do something as a memorial for Rich, please donate to the Alzheimer's Association.  Let's help find a cure for that destructive malady that is ruining so many lives. 

We plan to have a "zoom" celebration of his life very soon.  We will let you know the details when we get them ironed out.

• Moderators

More information from Jo Greene about Rich's passing and an online memorial service. If you wish to send an email to Jo, please send it to support@chiriqui.life and we will forward it to Jo.

Shortly after 4am on Friday, July 3, the love of my life took his last breath.  My head was on his shoulder as it had been for so many years.  As we lay together on his bed in the Hospice house, his last exhale was very long, warm and sweet and, instead of going over my head as it had been doing, it went directly to my forehead and ruffled my hair.  Could it have been that Rich's spirit was kissing me goodbye?  I blest him and let him go to God.  It was a beautiful, spiritual, amazing moment that I will always cherish.  I continued to hold him for a couple of hours as his body let go. My chest feels empty but I know he is now FREE and HAPPY and IN GOD'S ARMS.

Please join us for a memorial for Rich/Dick on Sunday, July 26 at 4:00pm Eastern/1:00pm Pacific Daylight Time.  Respecting social distancing and travel restrictions, we will be celebrating his life on a ZOOM audio/video conference call. 

We look forward to everyone sharing an anecdote (or several!) and we welcome lots of laughs to help us balance out the tears.  Rich loved to laugh and I am certain he will be laughing with us as we reminisce.

YOU are invited to participate as a friend, as a witness, as a spectator or as one of the many, many folks he touched.  Tell us your story about Rich, or simply immerse yourself in the stories told by others according to how you are comfortable.

Zoom is a free app and works on every internet-connected computer, tablet and smartphone.  It also works with landline phones (audio only).

Internet users can join the call for free.  Landline phone users may be charged for a long-distance call.
Since we have friends and family across the country and around the globe, we do hope you can join us for our memorial of my wonderful husband, father and friend on Sunday, July 26th.

If you are not already a Zoom user, Gary can help you get comfortable with how it works.  (Just don't wait till the last minute to install the free app or make your first Zoom call! ) If you want or need assistance, contact Gary at GRG@YorksPeach.com or 520-329-2322.

We will send details and additional information on this event within the next week or so.

Please reply back to let us know if you plan to join us in celebration of Rich and the impact he made on so many lives.  

With LOVE to you all,
Jo