133rd Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan

At this 133rd clinic, Dr. Tello sterilized 27 dogs and 17 cats. This brings our total of dogs and cats sterilized to 5,192. See details at http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/133rd.html

Link to the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WN3Ei8FW95id1CYJA

Every clinic is an "adventure." At this one, a dog that had already been anesthetized and was on the table to be prepped suddenly had EXPLOSIVE diarrhea. Thank God for our wonderful volunteers! They can handle anything and everything!

Two of my dogs had major surgery. One had a severed tendon in her left rear leg. Dr. Tello used a new method, using the dog's own fascia for repair instead of inserting any foreign object.  This surgery took about 1-1/2 hours.

Another one of my dogs had a huge cyst in the elbow of her front leg. This was  another lengthy surgery with lots of blood.  We are so very grateful for Dr. Tello and his expertise!

While Rodrigo and I were going to my house to get one of my dogs, we were near the Mercado. A speeding taxi was approaching from the other direction. A dog was crossing the road and was about even with the right front fender of the taxi. Instead of swerving a foot to the left, or even showing down, the driver hit the dog very hard. The dog ran off and we couldn't find it. Apparently there were no broken bones, but I'm sure there were internal injuries. People who commit cruel acts like this are creating some BAD KARMA for themselves.

Our final clinic for this year will be on November 17th. It is almost full already. Whatsapp 6640-3171 for appointments.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who participates in this important work for the animals and the community.

Love and hugs,

Dottie