Rodny Direct--no service

Last night I heard something suspicious happening in the street in front of my house. I have a block wall around my property, and no way was I going to open my gate to look. I called Rodny Direct. I wanted him to call the police to have them come check the situation. I got his answering machine. I left my name, phone number, and subscriber number. Well, 25 minutes later, the people had gone, and Rodny had not returned my call. Then I put my phone on airplane mode and went to bed. This morning there is no indication that he ever called me at all.

This is inexcusable. Rodny's subscribers depend on him to respond in case of emergency or potential emergency. I have paid for a service I did not receive. Well, that's $80 I don't have to spend come renewal time. Too bad I can't get a refund for the remaining months.  

Dottie

Keith, is there anything in my post that asks for help? (No, Keith, you just always need to respond to almost everything I post, usually off-point from my post.)

I have no need to contact Rodny, because I don't care WHY he didn't answer his phone.  But because he didn't,  I just will not renew my subscription.

Edited by Dottie Atwater
addition
  • Downvote 1

We have been with him from the very start.  4;00 am , when I needed an ambulance for a neighbor is bad shape Rodney helped...and that neighbor was not with his  service.  He as well was outstanding when another neighbor had a home invasion...and one of the residents was Panamanian and spoke fluent Spanish!!   In an emergency, Rodney is a vital asset to you.  To drop his service would be ( as my mom would tell me)...."Biting your nose to spite your face"   Crazy.   Don't drop. . ...his service is ridiculously inexpensive for the value.     

Alison

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Brundageba said:

We have been with him from the very start.  4;00 am , when I needed an ambulance for a neighbor is bad shape Rodney helped...and that neighbor was not with his  service.  He as well was outstanding when another neighbor had a home invasion...and one of the residents was Panamanian and spoke fluent Spanish!!   In an emergency, Rodney is a vital asset to you.  To drop his service would be ( as my mom would tell me)...."Biting your nose to spite your face"   Crazy.   Don't drop. . ...his service is ridiculously inexpensive for the value.     

Alison

To say Rodney Direct..." .no service " I believe should have been discussed with Rodney directly not here.  I agree with Keith 100% who BTW who was giving you sound advice.  Hey if I have an issue with a person I go to them directly.....To blast him here on this forum was unfair to him.       I do know that phone service was out on the coast and is out frequently when transmission issues arise.  That may well have been the case here. 

• Upvote 1

No, I was not criticizing Rodny himself. I've never met him, but I'm sure he's a very nice man. People pleased with his service are rightfully able to say so on this forum, but to claim on the other hand that a less-than-satisfactory experience should NOT be on this forum is ludicrous. Double standard, wouldn't you say?

From many reports, Rodny is very conscientious, but it is also important that people not have a false sense of security if something doesn't happen as they expect--and as they depend on. I did have a false sense of security. Fortunately, my issue last night was not critical...but what if I'd been having a heart attack? Or if someone was trying to break into my house?  Phone service out, or whatever the problem was, in a critical situation I'd have been SOL.

First my apologies for such inconvenience with the phone coverage at my place. I have learned
from Movistar that they are in the middle of a process to upgrade their coverage at my place.
This process should end this week.
In the mean time the signal is weak at some spots in my residence, affecting more my dormitory.
So I will
Move to other area tonight so any one needing help can reach me.
This upgrade is also affecting voice mail and they are slow or will not get to me
Again sorry for this situation.

Rodny Moreno

• Thanks 1