First Round of Bingo, June 11, 2019

• Moderators

Marcelyn and I attended this first ever ACCBoquete Bingo fundraiser that was held at La Posada. Although I like to play bingo, I had been requested to take pictures, and so my role was to circulate among the participants and document the event. Maybe on the next bingo night I will be able to play and win the big prize. Speaking of prizes, they ran anywhere from $25.00 to $200.00, all cash prizes.

It was an energetic group of participants. The event itself was hampered by rain (we understand that stopped some from participating because they would walk to La Posada), the loss of electricity (La Posada has a generator, and so the outages were few and short-lived as the generator came online), and an audio system that did not work. In spite of those problems, the bingo match was successful and apparently well-received based on the large number of smiling faces at the various tables. The event was masterfully emceed by Marc Rosen, and assisted by Arturo Gonzales (of MBE Boquete fame). The really encouraging thing to my way of thinking about this bingo match was that it was a mixed culture group, meaning locals and gringos participating together. I do not speak for the organizers (ACCBoquete), but understand that over $500 in cash prizes were on the docket and that all of those prizes were won, some by locals and some by gringos. And the event was in black ink, including accounting for expenses and cash prizes.

The entire community benefits because ACCBoquete raised funds to help the first responders and needy community members, and the participants had a lot of fun with the bingo and the good food and drinks provided by La Posada. Neither of us drink beer, but we understand that beer was on special for $1.00 for this event. Service was prompt and efficient, the food quality was excellent (we did a pizza and had a coke and coffee for drinks; I also had an ice cream dish); good value for the dinner and drinks because our total bill for the both of us was less than $20.00, including tip, and I did not request any jubilado discount.

As an aside, these bingo events are now scheduled for every other Tuesday at La Posada. On the intervening Tuesdays is the Team Trivia competitions that are held at Skateworld in Alto Boquete. Thus, if you are a game junky, then you can get your fill on Tuesday evenings by going to bingo games and trivia contests every Tuesday evening. The next Team Trivia will be on Tuesday, June 18th, and the next ACCBoquete Bingo will be on Tuesday, June 25th. Check on the "Upcoming Events" panel here on CL for reminders (look at the right side on the CL homepage).

If you need more information about ACCBoquete, please contact Linda Hart at 6716-1151. If you need more information about ACCBoquete Bingo, please contact Marc Rosen at 6363-0479.

Here are the pictures that were taken on this first round of ACCBoquete Bingo here in Boquete.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg