Message from U.S. Embassy re Passport Renewal by Mail

Bonnie

Seal with white background

AMERICAN CITIZENS SERVICES UNIT – CONSULAR SECTION

UNITED STATES EMBASSY-PANAMA

Passport expiring soon? Did you know it is faster to renew your U.S. Adult Passport by mail?    

If you are over 16 years old and you need to renew your U.S. passport you can save time by taking advantage of our Adult Passport Renewal by Mail service.  

You may renew your passport by mail if you meet ALL of the following requirements:

Your most recent U.S Passport:

·         Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;

·         Was issued within the last 15 years;

·         Was issued with 10 year validity; and

·         Was issued in your current name or you have changed your name since your passport was issued and can submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change.

If your most recent U.S. passport does not meet all these requirements, please follow the instructions here.

If you are eligible to apply for the passport renewal by mail, we recommend you use this service.  Appointments are limited and are reserved for those who are required to apply in person. Click here for information on how to use the passport by mail service.

Assistance:

U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama

507-317-5000

Panama-ACS@state.gov

https://pa.usembassy.gov/

State Department - Consular Affairs

888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

Panama Country Information

Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

• 2 months later...

Hello:

If you are using the electronic version of Form DS-82 01-2017, you should clearly see item #8, "8. Mailing Address: Line 1: Street/RFD#, P.O. Box, or URB" on Page 1. 

Item #18,  18. "Permanent Address: If P.O. Box is listed under Mailing Address or if residence is different from Mailing Address." is found on page 2.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need help - I just successfully went thru this process a couple of months ago.

Thank you very much for your response.  When I clicked on the link to DS-82, it came up with a different form format with no numbered items.  When I did a search for DS-82 01-2017, it showed a form which could not be filled out on line.  Don't know why the difference.  For mailing address, I hope it's OK to use the Box Shop in David, since I don't have one.  Does DHL then deliver my passport to the listed mailing address (i.e. the Box Shop)?  TIA for your response.

Hello.  For "mailing" address, I was instructed to use my physical address - although we receive no mail here.  I used Mail Boxes Etc. to mail mine out (via DHL) ... they put their return address on the return slip and they notified me once it came back to them.  If you are using The Box Shop, make sure they use their return address and you will be fine.