Unscrambling the satellite TV mess

For days I have been wading through the mire of what is happening to DirecTV service and their satellite.  I have located another source for DishNetwork and have heard from several that they are interested.  Here's the latest:

The PR Directv service provided by Gladys Archer has been going down for the last few weeks...first one home, then another...while some are still receiving a signal.   Gladys sent an email saying that the satellite was 15 years old and they are replacing it with one that will no longer serve Panama.

I spoke with Michael Delgado (the other PR Directv provider) today and he reports that he is not having problems with the satellite.  He is going to call Gladys and find out what is happening to her, and will get back with me.  They use the same satellite, so this all seems so strange.

My question is:   PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO PR SERVICE THROUGH MICHAEL DELGADO AND REPORT IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS, OR IF YOU HAVE LOST THE SIGNAL.  chiriquiwoman@gmail.com

If indeed Michael Delgado can still provide service without problem, it is a much less expensive alternative to the new installation of the DishNetwork guy, who is coming here next week to do installations.   We were almost ready to send him a $375 deposit (50%) when I decided to talk to Michael Delgado about this.   I will report to you what Michael tells me after he talks to Gladys.

So....I am just trying to figure out what the truth is about the various satellite TV providers.  I do NOT need any information about the wide variety of internet sources for TV since our internet speed is very slow and cannot handle all the buffering.   So please don't tell me about IPTV or your type of internet TV.  That's not what this is about.   We're ONLY interested in information from anyone about their current satellite service.

Thanks...please respond right away, as tomorrow is our deadline for a decision on DishNetwork.

chiriquiwoman@gmail.com