Road work turning Boquete into a ghost town

Our trip into the center of Boquete  was an eye opener.This afternoon there was very little traffic in spite of the mess and flag men for repairs on one of the common lateral road detour routes into town.    Stores and Any's pharmacy  locked up..... shut down for business.     What is happening to our town?   I know I know....but HOW LONG??... how can business enterprise survive?  I feel so sorry for them.

Edited by Brundageba

Tough love needed.  Every business owner needs to head down to the mayors office and tell him they are closing down on a particular date.  The ONLY thing officials will understand is lack of taxes.  Demand the holes are closed up, the roads are graded and paved, fire.the totally incompetent firm running this farce and start again with real engineers and workers at the end of high season.  Anything else will just get you ignored and laughed at.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Marcelyn said:

Friends in PC have sent an e-mail indicating their neighbors are talking about Boquete’s road and water situations. 

Marcelyn, I’m sure your friends in PC are also talking about projects which have crippled business on two of the City’s most popular dining and entertainment thoroughfares, Via Argentina and Calle Uruguay.

4 hours ago, Brundageba said:

Our trip into the center of Boquete  was an eye opener.This afternoon there was very little traffic in spite of the mess and flag men for repairs on one of the common lateral road detour routes into town.    Stores and Any's pharmacy  locked up..... shut down for business.     What is happening to our town?   I know I know....but HOW LONG??... how can business enterprise survive?  I feel so sorry for them.

IMHO, folks should keep supporting business downtown. A little inconvenience isn’t the end of the world. All told, my trip in and out today may have taken an extra ten minutes at most.

6F8B5763-D2C6-41A2-9807-13C7CFCD50B4.jpeg.8c807d95bd7f8a1688a5e82e7cc55f6c.jpeg 

Its also raining ?  ️ 

Edited by Keith Woolford