Quick Fix Auto Business and A Credit Card Incident

I am the person who got her credit card hacked. I went to the police and my lawyer, no one could help. So I went to my Panamanian neighbor. He talked to the manager at Quick Fix and found out that Monday when all this was happening, the girl ran out of the business and has not been seen. Her phone number is turned off. The boss told me he will do everything he can to resolve this, and because I know that Quick Fix is a good and honest business, I believe him. I have been using them for years and really like how well they have kept my car running. Please don't blame Quick Fix for this young women's bad habit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlueBird said:

Sure hope you are correct, but gotta wonder why the police and the lawyer—“no one could help”. Just saying.

The Police don’t handle those kind of complaints. Going to the manager of the business and presenting the factual evidence was the right start imo, particularly since she has a relationship there.

If they don’t help to resolve the situation the next step would be to file a denuncia with the Justice of the Peace.

The manager of the store has been more then helpful. His lawyer will call tomorrow since he was been in court all day. I really like quick fix, and remember we are in a country without background checks..The manager is doing everything he can and is very kind, please don't blame them. He had no idea this was happening.

Ok all, I went to the Personeria, across from Fenosa, and had a translator help me file a formal complaint. I told them I don't want to send this young  women to jail, but want all of Boquete to know not to hire her if she is going to use credit cards. Had to change all my credit card numbers with Cable Onda, my phone and other things I pay monthly with that card, but all is well now. I am still mad that this is happening in lovely Boquete. Can't wait to have the roads fixed and we have water and electric every day. Won't that be nice! Maybe other folks can look at their bank statements and see if there is any suspect stuff. She worked at several other shops around town.

• Upvote 1

Thats why they use kids to commit crimes here because they all go unpunished.

No punishment, then no lesson of consequences for actions committed.

Do you think if she gets no punishment she will stop this "bad habit" ?

All this is going to teach her is to be more discreet when she does the next scam.

Makes us all fearful of using our credit cards now.

• Upvote 1

This story sounds suspicious. Why would you suggest other folks can look at their bank statements for any suspect stuff when you have done nothing to help stop this woman’s criminal habits?

The next person who gets ripped off by this woman’s “bad habit” can blame you.

6 minutes ago, BlueBird said:

you have done nothing to help stop this woman’s criminal habits?

That insult is just not true.

L.R. followed the correct procedures for reporting the crime.  " I went to the Personeria, across from Fenosa, and had a translator help me file a formal complaint."

Telling the Personera that she doesn't want to see the person go to jail wouldn't make a spit of difference.

Edited by Keith Woolford

53 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

That is a patently false statement.

Thanks for correcting me Keith.  We humans like to generalize in heated discussions.

They may not ALL go unpunished but from what I have read it seems a high amount gets to walk free.

In all likelihood she would receive no punishment anyway. Remember when an employee caused the demise of REAL Boquete, the original recycling organization,

by stealing substantial amounts of REAL money? It’s my understanding that she never was even arrested.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Perdonaría with an interpreter and filed a denuncia about her. I am sure all my spelling is off. It took 4 hours and they have the video from quick fix showing her moving the credit card around to take photos of all the numbers. They also have her past jobs and where she lives. The court date will be in a couple of months. I don't want her to go to jail, just maybe a tattoo on her forehead saying ladrón. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1