Wasabi?

Does anyone know where to find wasabi (or even dried horseradish powder)? I love the taste and "kick" in cocktail sauce.

A long time ago, I bought a jar of horseradish (not creamed) at Romero in David, and it didn't have any taste at all. Maybe it was old. The wasabi or dried horseradish seems to be the best option for making my own cocktail sauce.

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Does anyone know where to find wasabi (or even dried horseradish powder)? I love the taste and "kick" in cocktail sauce.

A long time ago, I bought a jar of horseradish (not creamed) at Romero in David, and it didn't have any taste at all. Maybe it was old. The wasabi or dried horseradish seems to be the best option for making my own cocktail sauce.

Thanks!

Super Baru in David has this brand of powdered wasabi in a smaller 1 ounce can I believe for $3.95.  They also have the small 1.5 ounce tubes of wasabi paste of the same brand for $4.21.

One would think that the Super Baru in Boquete would stock it too.

wasabi super baru david.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Thank you! Can you tell me the approximate area where it is located in Super Baru? (Before when I said I had bought prepared horseradish that had no taste, it was at Super Baru, not Romero.)

I live in Volcan, so the next time I'm in David, I'll get the wasabi. Yeaaaa!

It's located in what is commonly referred to as the "Gringo" isle.  It's the isle with wood shelves versus the traditional putty color painted steel shelves.  Their isles run East to West parallel to the PanAmerican highway.  This isle begins in between where the cash registers end on the North side and the location of the bakery and traverses to the deli counter on the other end of the store.  The isle is bisected in the middle by another isle and the wasabi is on a shelf chest high in the Asian food section which is located in the West most part of the Eastern section of the bisected isle on the southern side.  It's amongst other Asian items such as rice wine vinegar, sushi rice, sushi paper (nori), etc.