Boquete meeting on safety sponsored by U.S. Embassy

NewsLady

The Public Affairs division on the U.S. Embassy, Panama, has asked that I disseminate notice that they will be sponsoring a presentation on safety in Boquete on October 12, 2018, at the Boquete Library. New York City police officers will be addressing the assembly on issues of senior safety and burglary prevention.

More complete information is forthcoming, but the Embassy would like to gauge the level of interest so as to better prepare for the meeting. Those interested in attending are asked to confirm their interest by email to Julia Fong: FongJA2@america.gov.

Bonnie Williams                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizen Volunteer Liaison, U.S. Embassy, Panama

I would like to register my opinion and experiences, but, as Citizen Volunteer Liaison (formerly Warden), I feel compelled to keep my own counsel. I will state the obvious, however: the Embassy would go a long way in restoring the faith of U.S. citizens if it would respond to telephone inquiries more than four hours a week and work harder to see that the federal benefits function is returned to Panama from Costa Rica.

• Upvote 2

This presentation sounds like a boondoggle to me. A way to give a paid holiday to some NYPD people. What would someone from NYC know about the security issues here in our area? Totally different situation and different needs, and different perspective about security.

I prefer that my tax dollars be better spent on something that will likely do some good for someone, hopefully to include me as well since I am the one paying.

For instance, fix the social security contact points. I live in Panama, not Costa Rica where they don’t care about the US citizens who happen to live in Panama.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2018 at 7:52 AM, Bonnie said:

I would like to register my opinion and experiences, but, as Citizen Volunteer Liaison (formerly Warden), I feel compelled to keep my own counsel. I will state the obvious, however: the Embassy would go a long way in restoring the faith of U.S. citizens if it would respond to telephone inquiries more than four hours a week and work harder to see that the federal benefits function is returned to Panama from Costa Rica.

Right on Bonnie!

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2018 at 4:17 PM, NewsLady said:

The Public Affairs division on the U.S. Embassy, Panama, has asked that I disseminate notice that they will be sponsoring a presentation on safety in Boquete on October 12, 2018, at the Boquete Library. New York City police officers will be addressing the assembly on issues of senior safety and burglary prevention.

More complete information is forthcoming, but the Embassy would like to gauge the level of interest so as to better prepare for the meeting. Those interested in attending are asked to confirm their interest by email to Julia Fong: FongJA2@america.gov.

Bonnie Williams                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizen Volunteer Liaison, U.S. Embassy, Panama

I have not seen “more complete information”

Is this safety meeting still scheduled at the Boquete Library on October 12, 2018?

I received an email earlier this week saying they hoped to have additional information to me by Friday. It didn't come, so I expect it will be early next week. I understand they have reserved the library, so I'm assuming it's on.

Edited by Bonnie