Bonnie, of course we have electricity here in El Santuario. However, it is not as a result of Gas Natural Fenosa. We are on our generator.

These outages continue to be an almost daily occurrence for us here at the end of their line. Ugh! ?

1 hour ago, Bud said:

Bonnie, of course we have electricity here in El Santuario. However, it is not as a result of Gas Natural Fenosa. We are on our generator.

These outages continue to be an almost daily occurrence for us here at the end of their line. Ugh! ?

If Union Fenosa is like other unscrupulous regulated utilities then get used to the outages until President Varela allows the rate hikes.

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Wrong. I'm not defending the supplier but the assumption is flawed.

I've worked as an electrical engineer in many countries and I'm in fact retired from a regulated utility.  I'm not familiar with the service levels that Union Fenosa has guaranteed Panama but if they're anything like what's mainstream throughout the world then Union Fenosa possesses the ability to deliver A+ to C- level of service without violating their contract so it is plausible.

The issue dealing with the proposed rate increase to pay for costs generated by delays in construction of the third transmission line was resolved.

It had nothing to do with Gas Natural Fenosa and everything to do with ETESA, the 100% state-owned electrical distribution company.

Union Fenosa hasn't existed for about ten years. Where you been?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

The issue dealing with the proposed rate increase to pay for costs generated by delays in construction of the third transmission line was resolved.

It had nothing to do with Gas Natural Fenosa and everything to do with ETESA, the 100% state-owned electrical distribution company.

Union Fenosa hasn't existed for about ten years. Where you been?

Sorry Keith, I live in a Panamanian neighborhood and that's how everyone here refers to the electric company.  Just like when us gringos say "Is your power out?" or "Is your electricity out?" here they say "Tienes luz?"

I'm giving you an up vote for catching that!