118th Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan

Sorry my web page for the July clinic is late. http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/118th.html

In addition to clinic duties, I've been very busy rescuing dogs, taking injured dogs to Dr. Tello at the border (between clinics), plus filing denuncias (mostly unsuccessful) concerning animal abuse.

Here is a picture of one puppy I am trying to get removed from an abusive situation. He is forced to live on a chain among this garbage, so you can't even see the puppy in the picture. (The “owners” are habitual abusers and neighbors say that these people have let three chained dogs die of starvation.)

The laws are in place, but getting the local authorities to enforce them is the problem. If this puppy dies before they take action, the death will be their fault.

I have recently learned that you can call 311 to file your denuncia (in Spanish). They will give you a case number, then they will send the denuncia to the head government office in Bugaba, where they should dispatch it to be taken care of in Volcán.  They can receive the essence of your denuncia by phone, but once you receive your case number, you can email a detailed written denuncia to them at info@311.gob.pa. You should also include pictures of the abuse with your denuncia.

Today I filed a 5--page followup denuncia with 311. It's probably more effective just to file your denucia with 311 (in Volcan anyway) instead of wasting your time locally. Please! When you see animals being abused, don't fail to act!

We have two clinics in August. The August 12th clinic is full, and we have a few spaces left for August 26th.

See the photo album for this clinic here: https://imgur.com/a/wJVXpnq

As always, my heartfelt thanks to everyone who volunteers, donates (whether financially or otherwise), and to everyone who brings their beloved pets to be sterilized and/or helped in other ways by our wonderful Dr. Andres Tello!

Big hugs, 

Dottie 

Maria.jpg