Is this the forum Ambreen described? (a transplanted blog posting)

Well there is a disappointment.   I guess Keith does not want to "come clean" and put the rumors to rest.  At least he responded, albeit in Patrick style.

The funny thing about secrecy is the truth always comes out in the end usually embarrassing those who tried to keep things hidden.

The Truth is that any involvement I had with boquete.ning is my business and the person(s) I had it with, not yours, or that of anyone else.

The Truth is that I have not discussed any of the controversies or personalities involved with .ning publicly, nor will I.

The Truth  is that it's difficult to believe that this is the only subject some people can find to deal with at a time when there are far more serious issues facing their communities.

barbie.jpg

Edited by Keith Woolford

The Truth is that any involvement I had with boquete.ning is my business and the person(s) I had it with, not yours, or that of anyone else.

The Truth is that I have not discussed any of the controversies or personalities involved with .ning publicly, nor will I.

The Truth  is that it's difficult to believe that this is the only subject some people can find to deal with at a time when there are far more serious issues facing their communities.

just can't seem to shake Barbie

There are, and always will be more important issues facing our community. Fact is, its possible to focus on both the somewhat trivial and the important simultaneously on a forum such as this. I suspect this issue is important to  people both in terms of what has been lost, and the way that it happened. A lot of bad feelings toward the current owners of .ning, that will likely settle down over time.

The TRUTH, Keith, is that you are not doing yourself sny favours, especially by the juvenile deflecting you are attempting.

Well, I'm sorry Mr. Ferguson but being judged by you or any other uninformed people just isn't something that bothers me, nor should it.

The fellow asked a question and I responded to him politely, emphatically, and truthfully.

However since you seem to want, and perhaps merit, a juvenile response, have a listen here. This will be my last post related to boquete.ning

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pkgkWpyVLfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hang in there Bud!

We can choose to utilize this resource like adults ... or make it a bunch of bitchy, name-calling, childish stuff like unfortunately happened with Ning.  If you have too much time on your hands use it positively by engaging with some of the great opportunities we have in Boquete to make a difference.  Regards, Richard

One of the things that bugs the $h&% out of me is people who feel its necessary to accuse others of having too much time on their hands. How about we relegate that phrase to the garbage heap? Not every posting on a group like this is going to be positive, or important. But I DO think its important that people have their say. Interesting that this thread has possibly the most views on the forum so far...

• Upvote 1

My last comment too, MR. Woolford.  When Bud Huber was asked questions about this new site he responded quickly, extensively and, IMHO, honestly.  Compare that to your evasiveness and of the two, I most certainly know who I trust.

Over and out.

• Upvote 1

Oh, man, Jaime you had to dig that up!  The evil that men do ... or write ... lives on ... eternally it seems on line.  Right after the Revolution in Egypt I was on the first cruise ship that went into Alexandria and we went to the then newly opened Library of Alexander.  Aside from the long line of beautiful computer carrels, and every computer in use was on Facebook!, the Library of Alexander is one of one or two places in the world where the ENTIRE INTERNET is backed up!  Everything from everywhere that was ever online is available.

alexandria-library-reading-room.jpg

So yes, I got banned from the original site ... ancient history for most current expats ... and had questions about Bud's "heavy-handed" administration, but, after watching Ning, mostly from afar, I now better appreciate the need for some administration and ... order.  I don't really know Bud, other than to say hello, but I appreciate all that he has done, sung and unsung, for Boquete and here, again, he steps up to the plate.  I wish him well and promise to behave.  I have nothing against NIng, although I always found it too complicated and hard to navigate for myself, and I wish the new owners well.  I'm all for capitalism and making a buck.  But when a community bulletin board is owned and operated by people who don't live here, know or understand Boquete, I think something very important is lost.

Jaimie, I used to know the young guy in the picture on that post.  And I still believe that if you have an opinion express it and don't hide behind anonymity.  Regards, Richard  

Edited by Richard Detrich
Trying to find HTML option to resize pic