*** Use this same link to access every class *** If for some reason, this link ceases to function for you — please let me know!
IMPORTANT: Once you log on, you need to configure your screen. I am operating on two channels, so you will see the Yoga Boquete logo (audio channel) AND you will see Joy Alexander / live-video screen of me (visual channel). Because of this... you will need to be sure that youDO NOThave "Speaker View" selected. You will want to navigate to "Gallery View" then "pin" the Joy Alexander screen. (This is something that will not automatically happen, so you need to make sure you set this up. No worries, it is easy to do!)
This 60-minute online class encourages breath and body-awareness. Great for beginners or those who prefer a slower, more gentle style of yoga. Goals are increased strength, flexibility, balance, & overall well being. Let this practice be what you need it to be.
Requests are encouraged! Class is able to be custom-tailored to the group's needs in the spirit of traditional yoga where asanas (poses) were 'prescribed' for various conditions (ie, back pain, tight shoulders, etc.) … Hence, the more you attend practice -- and provide feedback -- the more supportive and deep your experience will become.
* You are welcome to arrive up to 20 minutes before class. This time is to be used for check in (with me), be sure that your device is configured properly, and chat with others, if desired.
* Once practice begins, your microphone will be put on mute for the duration of practice.
* If you are more comfortable logging on without video... that is no problem. However, if it is your first time joining, I will require to see your face to verify identity. After that, choice is yours regarding your video settings.
* Class will start promptly at 9:00 am. If you are still configuring your settings at that time, or arrive a little late -- that's okay... join when you can, and we can do sign-in after class.
* I will not be playing music during class. If you would like to play music for yourself, that is up to you.
* During practice, if you are unclear of what you are doing, and are unable to pick it up through visual or audio cues, just rest and breath until the next pose. Same applies if you are experiencing any discomfort or pain. Please be fully present in your body, and respond accordingly. The most important thing is the breath... so relax, breath, and go at your own rhythm.
* You may find it nice to use props during your practice — but they are NOT required. If you have a yoga block, and/or a yoga strap… then, that’s great! If not, you may decide to use a firm pillow, or rolled blanket, or something that feels best for you. For a yoga strap, perhaps a belt or something similar could work. (Again, this is not required.) …. AND because you are at home, you may decide to have a chair nearby (which is great because we can do more balance poses!)… and you may also decide to have a wall nearby, or scoot to a wall, when we do our leg inversion. Take advantage of what you have to make your practice as customized as you need.
* If you have questions, or want to chat, the 'meeting room' will stay open for 5-10 minutes after class.
* Please know that there may be times when the internet signal drops, or Zoom is having technical issues, or maybe video/audio will temporarily cut-out or freeze. This is the reality of online streaming, and though the majority of the time 'all is well'... anything can happen, at any time. 😉